Lifetree Pharmacy is a WV based Long Term Care Pharmacy provider is looking for a part-time to full-time Pharmacist to join our team of professionals. You will be working in our pharmacy located approximately 15 miles east of downtown Charleston, in Cabin Creek. We provide a full range of services to our LTC Center partners, including infusion therapy.
The Pharmacist is responsible for the continuation of pharmacy management’s goals and objectives within the dispensing pharmacy. The pharmacist provides routine and emergency comprehensive and accurate drug screening, information, processing, and dispensing services for various drug distribution systems to the centers. Management skills and accuracy are required to ensure that the appropriate drug product reaches the customer efficiently and safely.
- Execute day-to-day operations in the pharmacy as they pertain to workflow, production quotas, and deadlines.
- Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations regarding the practice of pharmacy. Assist in ensuring that the pharmacy is in compliance with all DEA policies and procedures as set forth by the Company or the regulatory agency, whichever is stricter. Ensure that the pharmacy is in compliance with all third party payer contract rules and regulations by which the pharmacy is bound.
- Supervise the pharmacy production staff to ensure proper order entry, work flow, security of the pharmacy area, and adherence to delivery schedules.
- Check for completeness and accuracy of all new and refill labels and orders. Check for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
- Preparation and/or supervision of all sterile IV drug products or solutions.
- Assist in the proper ordering, handling, receiving, documentation, and storage of all controlled substances; assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs.
- Provide evening, weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled on-call rotation and as required by management.
- Workflow grid is cleared daily
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum (Required): (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy
- Current license to practice pharmacy in good standing
- Proficient in the area of clinical interpretation: drug-drug, drug-disease, drug-food interactions and allergies
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Perform accurately and efficiently when dispensing prescription medications
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include evening, weekends, and holidays
- Knowledgeable about long term care regulations (OBRA, OSHA, state laws and other federal laws) that have an impact upon both pharmacy and Center operations preferred
We offer a competitive salary with a full range of health care benefits, including vision, dental, 401k and more!
EOE/M/F/V/H - Drug Free Employer
Please Email Resumes to Recruiter@amfmwv.com